Saturday, November 06, 2010

Dead and Gone

Dead and Gone may be one of the best and saddest books in Charlaine Harris’s Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampires series. Sookie suffers more pain and loss than anyone should have to endure. When someone blames the vampires, (they were the ones who came out first,) Sookie is now at the point where she is inclined to agree. Sookie has loved and befriend vampires. They are frequently the only ones she can relax her telepathic block around, but if they had had remained hidden, would she be in her current position? Maybe but, maybe not. Some of her trouble has to do with who she is related to, some her inclination to help people and some because of the way she was born.

I really enjoyed Dead and Gone. I enjoyed Sookie’s separate moments with Eric, Bill and Sam. It makes you question who she’s going to end up with. The last book had a few revelations in it. This one had more and these much more shattering. Small Spoiler!: Poor Claudine. Really? Really?! Did that have to happen to her? I was so sad. I’m done.

I don’t feel like I can say too much more without giving away not only the plot of this novel, but also parts of the entire series. I don’t read many ongoing series and perhaps this one is the most addicting. I’m looking forward to Dead In The Family which is waiting patiently on my bookshelf. I really want to know who Sookie’s great-grandfather meant. Dead and Gone was a fantastic addition to a series that keeps dragging me back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment