Sunday, June 12, 2011

X-Men: First Class

The latest Marvel film to be released, X-Men: First Class was fantastic. I wasn’t sure about seeing it because I knew there were going to be several comic inaccuracies, but none of them really mattered. I’m sorry if any comic fans out there are upset about that, but it’s true. Marvel needed to get people excited the X-Men again and this movie did that. James McAvoy (Professor X) and Michael Fassbender (Magneto) were awesome (and much hotter than I expected). They really brought Charles and Erik’s friendship to life. They showed how two people could work together, support each other and then part.

My favourite parts (and I hope this doesn’t give anything away) were the cameos. I’m not going to say who, but there were a couple familiar faces making an appearance in the movie. It was so exciting and surprising. I love the unexpected, even if it’s just a momentary glimpse or tip of the hat type thing.

I could go on talking about the effects, the action and the dialogue, but you can see all those things for yourself. If you haven’t yet, go see X-Men: First Class. Right now, it’s sitting at 87% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and it definitely deserves it.




No comments:

Post a Comment