Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Expendables 2

So... The Expendables 2..... was fun.  It was cheesy and bloody and had some hilarious one-liners.  I loved the scene with Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.  Jet Li punched a guy so hard his face exploded.  There were some great fight scenes and shootouts.  Honestly though - and I've said this about action movies in the recent past - it needed more swearing.  A few good f-bombs raises the energy, gives it more of an "authentic" action movie feel.  It's not like I want swearing in my romantic comedies or my science-fiction.  It's just these specific kind of movies, with blood spray and excessive force. 

I think my favourite part of the movie was actually the outtakes on the disc.  It looks like working with Jean-Claude Van Damme is silly.  He seems to be goofing off, while playing this ruthless villain.  Wait, that may be my second favourite part.  My favourite part of the movie is the music they play whenever Chuck Norris shows up.  I mean, he's Chuck Norris, so of course he gets his own music.

I think Sylvester Stallone has created a fairly fun couple of movies.  I haven't seen the third yet, but I plan to.  Are these the best movies ever?  No, but they play up their own ridiculousness, which keeps me wanting to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment