Thursday, February 03, 2011

Literary Blog Hop: Where would you like to go?

Literary Blog Hop

Each week the Blue Bookcase hosts the Literary Blog Hop. Each week they give us a question to answer. This week they ask: What setting (time or place) from a book or story would you most like to visit?

I had to think about this for a while. Where would I like to go? I’ve read a lot of good books lately, but I don’t think I’d want to go to those places. The kid in me wants to go to C.S. Lewis’s Narnia. It’s magical and beautiful and the animals talk. The crazy adult in me wants to go to Mid-World, the land of Stephen King’s Dark Tower. Even though that world has “moved on”, there’s so much there, history, myth and magic. I wouldn’t like to live there, but it would be a fascinating place to visit.


10 comments:

  1. Nothing like the present times for me! And would love to visit each and every part of the world..

    Here is my Literary Blog Hop: Setting (time or place) post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to read The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe soon so I'll find out just what Narnia is like for myself :) Thanks for hopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Narnia seems a bit dangerous to me. It would be a bit like going to Mordor with Frodo.

    I opted for the nice, safe, English lake district.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How down to earth am I? I feel more attracted to places I can actually visit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't mind visiting Yr from I NEVER PROMISED YOU A ROSE GARDEN. Minus the Censor and the Collect, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chose the great library of alexandria as one of my options

    ReplyDelete
  7. Narnia is another good one. I like the idea of going somewhere that is completely magical, which is, I guess, what reading is for.

    Here is my post: http://hawthornescarlet.blogspot.com/2011/02/literary-blog-hop-around-world-in-three.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read and reread The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as a child. How I would have loved to walk through that wardrobe door.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6/2/11 06:04

    I had trouble getting into the Narnia books as a child -- but glad I'm not the only fantasy-world visitor in the Hop. I pick Oz first, and Hogwarts second. Would love to visit The Shire if I could, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't really get into these books.

    Stop by my blog to see my answer.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete