Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Guilty Pleasures at Wonderful Wednesdays

This week Sam at Tiny Library wants to know, what are your guilty pleasures.

Okay. Twilight. It has been questioned whether these books are actually any good, but I devoured every word of them and couldn’t wait for more. I even bought the Bree Tanner novella. (Which I thought was only okay.) I can’t help that I loved them when I was reading them. It’s only later that I realized how flawed they were. But that can’t get rid of the enjoyment I had. Even more guilty, I read The Host. It is supposed to be Stephenie Meyer’s foray into adult fiction. I thought it was definitely more adult, but it has some of the same love-triangle type storylines. I also thought the plot was so completely different from Twilight that you couldn’t help but give it a chance.

What are your guilty pleasures?


6 comments:

  1. Hee hee...this topic was definitely for the brave :D My mom is into Twilight more than I am (!) and I actually haven't read even the first book yet (saw the first movie & it was just okay).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I haven't read any of the Twilight books. I just haven't had the desire to. Maybe someday. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great finding an author who has a fair number of books out. And the Twilight books are good and big too so you can really get lost in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Twilight yet, but I think I wouldn probably love it, even though I know that I shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teacher, I actually found the movie funny in parts watching it after I read the book.

    Sherrie, The books aren't for everyone and if you're not into YA vampire type books, I wouldn't recommend it.

    Trish, The books are really easy to read, so it doesn't really feel like that many.

    Sam, They're really quick reads, so if you ever decide to pick them up, it won't take you long to finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Twilight yet but you can count on me to watch it in the movies =)

    ReplyDelete