Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Wonderful Wednesdays

Wonderful Wednesdays is a new meme from Sam at Tiny Library. Each week, we are supposed to highlight a book based on the theme or genre given to us. This week’s theme is biographies.


Well, this was easy and difficult. I haven’t really read many biographies, so I don’t have many to choose from. However, as soon as I saw the topic, one came to mind. For a class in University, I had to read Shadowmaker by Rosemary Sullivan. I really enjoyed it. It was about Canadian writer Gwendolyn MacEwan. She is mainly known for her poetry, but she also wrote plays and novels. Her work was brilliant and her life was too short. Side Note: Rosemary Sullivan was the professor of that class and she was fantastic!


5 comments:

  1. Siounds interesting!i'm always intrigued to learn things about writers I know nothing about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part :)

    I haven't heard of this writer before but I usually do enjoy biographies of writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had Rosemary Sullivan as a teacher? Lucky you!
    I am reading her non-biography (see her intro) of Margaret Atwood at the moment and would like to read McEwen's biography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting! How fun to read a biography by someone you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Collect Dreams, Sam, I love MacEwan's work. From the bio and the class she seemed like a really intersting and unique person.

    Em, Rosemary Sullivan was a fantastic professor. She was nice and helpful. She was probably one of the best professors I had and the class was definitely one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete