Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian


Prince Caspian is the second book in C.S. Lewis’s Chronicles of Narnia. It was fantastic. It had what I think kids need. Prince Caspian had humour and action. It had talking animals, honour and truth. What’s better than a King wrongfully deposed? Again I found myself wondering why I hadn’t read these books in my youth. I also found myself loving the Pevensie children and all the fun characters.

Spoilers  As with The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe I did appreciate some of the changes made from the book to the movie, though not all. I like that Susan was part of the battle in the movie. It makes sense in the time we live in, though I suppose I understand that when Lewis wrote the series, fighting in a war wasn’t something a respectable young lady did. What I didn’t like was that in the movie, there’s a kind of romance between Caspian and Susan. I thought that add-in was unnecessary.  Spoilers end

In the end, I enjoyed the continuing adventures of the Pevensie children in Narnia. I liked Caspian, the Dwarfs, the Beasts and of course, Aslan. Prince Caspian is an excellent second book in a series I’m enjoying more and more.

Other Reviews:

All Consuming Books

If you’ve reviewed this book, let me know and I’ll add your link. (I can’t believe more of the book blogs I read don’t have this book!)

 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this series as a child but when I recently reread it all of the religious references put me off. They just weren't subtle. Especially towards the end of the series.

    ReplyDelete